Sunday, January 26, 2014

My nail care routine!!

Here in Istanbul, the climate is changing a lot and that makes my hands and cuticles very dry. So I thought I'd show you how I keep my nails healthy!

Remember: this is just my way! It may not be the correct way to take care of your nails, but it works for me!


1. Begin by removing any old nail polish that you might have on your nails.


2. Then start filing and shaping your nails. Now, some people say that you have to file in one direction otherwise your nails will become weak but honestly, I don't see a difference.


3. Next, buff your nails to make them smooth. Don't buff them every week because every time you buff your nails, one layer of your nail is taken off. I like to buff them every 2nd week.


4. Next you will need a bowl with warm water, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one tablespoon of salt. Then soak your nails for about 5 - 10 minutes. When you're done, don't wash your hands with water. Just simply wipe them on a towel!


5. Apply some cuticle oil and massage it into your nails and cuticles. After you're done, wipe off the excess oil from your nails.


6. Gently push back your cuticles. Don't push too hard!


7. Now apply a base coat and you're ready to paint on a design.

I hope that this post helped you and I'll see you in the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment